These terms and conditions were updated on 11 July 2013.
- This document sets out the Terms and Conditions under which we offer you access to Inspector Spot’s services. By using these services, you accept these terms and conditions. If you are unhappy with the terms that are set out within this document, you must refrain from using our services.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Any changes we make become effective as soon as the revised terms are posted on our website. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with our latest terms and conditions, so we suggest you check for updates periodically. If you continue to use our services, you will be bound by any amendments that we have made.
- Our Services
- Inspector Spot provides an environment for people to reunite lost pets with their humans. We provide a system that enables people to communicate with one another in order facilitate this process, but do not act as an active agent for those people who use our system.
Anyone can sign their pets up as members of Inspector Spot. When joining, you warrant that the information you provide is complete, accurate and current. It is your responsibility to maintain and update this information.
Membership is personal to each pet that is listed with us. The fees you pay to sign up each pet are non-transferrable. Our standard membership period is twelve months.
- Activating a Lost Pet AlertOnce your pet(s) have been members for thirty days, you may activate a Platinum Lost Pet Alert free of charge. This alert will be sent out via Facebook and email to those people who have agreed to receive alerts from us. The number of people who receive each alert will vary at any given time. We encourage those who receive our alerts to re-publish them, but we are unable to guarantee that alerts will be redistributed and/or republished by those who receive them.
If your pets have been members for less than thirty days, or are not members of Inspector Spot, you may activate a Lost Pet Alert for a fixed fee. This fee is charged at the time you activate your alert and is non-transferrable.
- Availability of ServicesWe use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of our website and our services. However, we do not take responsibility for periods of down-time or any loss or inconvenience that may occur as a result of our services being unavailable. We do not accept responsibility for the corruption of any data or information we hold. As such, we do not warrant that our services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error- free at all times. After all, we rely heavily on computer technology and computers are notoriously difficult beasts!
- We charge fees for the services we provide. Our current fees are listed in the “fees” section of the website. All fees are charged at the time of joining and/or at the time you request the provision of services.
Your annual membership fee covers each pet for a twelve-month period or part thereof. Your membership commences as soon as your annual membership fee is paid. Should you choose to cancel your membership during this twelve-month period, we regret that no refund is payable.
We activate your lost pet alerts as soon as your activation fee has been paid. If our technology fails us, and your lost pet alert is not sent out, we will re-activate your alert without a further fee being payable.
We stand by the quality of the expertise we provide when a pet goes missing, so Inspector Spot’s Lost Pet Alerts are backed by a Money Back Guarantee. If you implement our advice and are dissatisfied with the expertise provided, we will provide a full refund.
There are three conditions that you need to bear in mind when requesting a refund:
- To be eligible for a full refund, you must submit your request to [email protected] within seven days of purchasing your Lost Pet Alert.
- We will ask you for verification that you have implemented the advice we have provided you with. Inspector Spot’s services are not a “set and forget” product. There are tools you need to implement to ensure the safe return of your pet. If you are not committed to implementing the advice we provide, we do not recommend using our services.
- There is a lot of inaccurate information on the internet which can put your pet at risk. We require our customers to consult with us before implementing advice that is not provided by our team as this may prevent your pet from returning home safely.
None of these provisions negate your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act (Services)
- CurrencyAll fees are quoted in New Zealand dollars, and are GST inclusive.
- Risks and Security
- Your Login DetailsYou are responsible for keeping your login information (including your email address and password) confidential. We advise against allowing other people to use your login.
- Contact with Other UsersThe contact you have with other people while using Inspector Spot’s services are at your own risk. You agree that Inspector Spot takes no responsibility or liability for the people you may connect with. As we are not party to any communication that may occur between you and other persons as a result of your decision to use our services, you agree not to involve or attempt to involve us in the resolution of any disputes that may arise between you and other persons you connect with through our communication system.
- Credit Card FraudWe have systems in place to reduce the risk of credit card fraud. However, we are not responsible for ensuring that fraud does not take place.
- Intellectual Property
- Inspector Spot Limited owns all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the website (including but not limited to the web concept, text, graphics, logos and recordings) and the software and/or other material underlying and forming the backbone of our services and website. You may not adapt, reproduce, copy, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish, or create derivative works from any part of this website and/or commercialise, copy or on-sell any information obtained from this website without our prior written permission.
- No information or advice that we provide you with creates any warranty that is not expressly stated within these terms and conditions.
Responsibility for the content of any listings that appear on our website or through our communication channels rests with the person who posts the original advertisement or alert.
We assume no liability or responsibility to you in connection with the services we provide, including but not limited to your use or inability to use our services or our website, and the acts and/or omissions of the persons using our services.
We assume no liability for any lack of performance, unavailability or failure of the services or website that we provide.
If we do not exercise or enforce any rights available to us under these terms and conditions, we do not forfeit those rights. If any provision under these terms and conditions is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, that provision shall be removed from the remaining terms and conditions. All other terms and conditions remain in effect.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
- Entire Agreement
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements and representations. These terms constitute the entire agreement between Inspector Spot and those who choose to use our services.